Careers at Zeller / Marketing
Social Media Manager
Accepting payments, managing your finances, and paying recipients should be simple. Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case. Finding integrated financial solutions to help your business thrive often requires you to weave together multiple products from different providers. While a small group of large enterprises enjoy the privilege of financial solutions tailored for their specific needs, the vast majority of Australian businesses are underserved due to a lack of innovation, disparate providers, opaque pricing, and restrictive contracts.
We believe in a level playing field where all businesses benefit from access to smarter payments technology and integrated financial services that enables them to accelerate their cash flow. So we’re hard at work building the tools to accomplish this.
Zeller is backed by leading VCs, and brings together a team of experienced payment and tech industry professionals who are aiming to redefine business banking and financial services for Australian businesses. With an exciting roadmap of innovative new products under development, we are building a high performing team to take on the incumbents.
If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-moving environments, love a challenge, hate bureaucracy and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the banks, we’re putting together a team you might want to join.
We are looking for a creative, passionate and talented Social Media Manager to join the Zeller Marketing team. The Zeller Community is not just about Social Media. Your goal is to build a loyal, active and engaged community of business owners from across Australia who are our advocates, partners and friends — your impact will be limited only by your creativity in making this happen.
You are a hands-on marketer, journalist or communications manager who is passionate about building a thriving merchant community in person and online. You’ll help to write, create and bring to life engaging content and merchant stories that connect with the Zeller Community. Customer experience will be at the heart of everything that we do, and you will be in a position to directly report back on the voice of our merchants and advocate for their needs on a daily basis.
You’re inspired by storytelling, enjoy building relationships and growing engaged communities. You will be fast on your feet, have a quick wit, know how to nail a reply, and bring a unique perspective on how to deliver content and conversation that is exciting, engaging and reflects the Zeller brand voice.
- Oversee Zeller’s Social Media and Community roadmap from idea to execution.
- Monitor and optimise content published on our brand Social Media channels for engagement, sentiment, and consumption, and optimise your playbook accordingly.
- Execute upon creative ways to rapidly build and engage the Zeller community across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more. You will own the delivery of our brand and conversation with our customers, our community, our industry and our partners through Zeller’s Social Media channels
- Partner with the Content Marketing team to oversee and support the development and promotion of the Zeller editorial calendar.
- Deliver creative, out-of-the-box ideas and campaigns that support, promote and build advocacy amongst Zeller’s merchant community
- Develop close relationship with Zeller’s ambassadors and engage them in building the embryonic stages of our brand journey
- Ensure that Social Media is actively reflected as a critical element to every campaign and idea we execute
- Identify and build efficient paths of escalation to the Zeller Customer Success team for any client pain points that arise on Social Media to ensure our customers are always looked after and we’re responding to them as a matter of urgency
- Be comfortable using a variety of Content Management systems (such as Hubspot) and Social Media Management systems (such as Hootsuite and Sprout Social)
- Report regularly on engagement, audience growth, sentiment, and content consumption across every Social Media channel that you own, with a view to continuously build upon your social media and content marketing centre of excellence
Qualifications and experience
- 3 - 5 years of hands-on experience directly managing a brand’s Social Media presence
- Experience in all, or most, of the following: social media and community management, editorial, content strategy, content marketing, and analytics tools
- A love of writing, interviewing and creating content from scratch. You’re an excellent copywriter and know how to express brand voice consistently, with the right tone, at the appropriate time
- A finger on the pulse. You’re up to date with the news, the latest trends, and know how to hijack a moment (or a meme) in the right way to ensure your brand is a part of (or not a part of) the conversation when it counts
- Outstanding attention to detail and an eye for design; down to the last character, image crop, or line break
- Comprehensive, up-to-date knowledge of the leading tools, platforms and technologies to make your job more efficient. You’ll thrive on educating others in the business on what you’re doing and why it’s important.
- A tertiary education, or a track record of relevant experience that proves it wasn’t needed
- A passion for engaging with customers, and are not afraid to build long-lasting relationships with them
- A creative mind that can deliver and execute on bold ideas
- A background in PR and / or Journalism
- Experience in B2B marketing, particularly with exposure to small to medium sized businesses
- Basic skills in using Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator
What’s in it for you
- Be part of something big from the outset
- Watch your work be put up in lights
- A balanced, progressive and supportive work environment
- Competitive salary
- A package which includes equity from an early stage
- Join a rapidly growing marketing team with opportunities to grow and develop your career wherever your passions and skills take you