Careers at Zeller / Product
Product Lead - Banking
Accepting payments, managing your finances, and paying recipients should be simple. Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case. Finding integrated financial solutions to help your business thrive often requires you to weave together multiple products from different providers. While a small group of large enterprises enjoy the privilege of financial solutions tailored for their specific needs, the vast majority of Australian businesses are underserved due to a lack of innovation, disparate providers, opaque pricing, and restrictive contracts.
We believe in a level playing field where all businesses benefit from access to smarter payments technology and integrated financial services that enables them to accelerate their cash flow. So we’re hard at work building the tools to accomplish this.
Zeller is backed by leading VCs, and brings together a team of experienced payment and tech industry professionals who are aiming to redefine business banking and financial services for Australian businesses. With an exciting roadmap of innovative new products under development, we are building a high performing team to take on the incumbents.
If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-moving environments, love a challenge, hate bureaucracy and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the banks, we’re putting together a team you might want to join.
As the Banking Product Lead you will be responsible for planning, engaging and executing key deliverables across our banking capability.
The role is the intersection and interface between product, program management and partnership operations and optimisation. You will help define our product roadmap and most importantly help deliver the capability from inception through to market deployment. You will work closely across our technology and operations teams to enable product road functionality to ensure an optimal product is deployed specifically to meet the latent market demand. You will own key operational and senior management relationships with our Partners across business development, technology domains and regulatory engagements, yet you will be predominantly focused on (and skilled at) execution and delivery. You are comfortable working cross functionally, internally and externally driving deals and projects and providing insight multiple ‘moves’ ahead of where we are.
- A proven track record of project delivery and a willingness to get your ‘hands dirty’ to achieve your outcomes - no pen-pushers, powerpointers or bureaucrats please - we are looking predominantly for candidates with an appetite and track record for getting things done and delivering
- Strong understanding across some or all of the banking value chain, including; issuing, acquiring, deposits, and unsecured / secured lending
- Ability to synthesise and form positions on emerging industry development and translation to practical outcomes for product and operational teams
- Ability to document product requirements and lead the identification of potential partners and system providers to meet objectives
- Program manage and deliver cross functional initiatives that will span product, risk and compliance, dev ops and finance
- Willingness to be ‘hands on’ in breaking down the user experience and transposing this through design or wireframes to conceptualise optimal outcomes
- Ability to clearly design each product’s roadmap and articulate via collaboration and documentation how and when products and features evolve to ensure a consistent release schedule over time
- Loves challenging the status-quo
- Ability to be part of our Leadership team
- Steadfast ability to keep the customer as the central point of all products
- Holds the concept of product ‘simplicity’ in the highest regard
- Ability to see and act across the value chain, and not get bogged down in functional silos
- Be able to continually balance speed, perfection, functionality, cost and outcomes
- An appreciation on how partnership initiatives can accelerate broader company objectives and outcomes
- Track record of tackling difficult cross functional challenges to find solutions where no precedent exists
- Proven track record in taking products from concept through all phases, to deployment and optimisation
- Willingness to oscillate between and balance; ‘leadership’ with ‘getting your hands dirty’
- Exposure to or experience in areas such as; software/application development, web design, on-boarding flows, customer experience and product development
Qualifications and experience
- 5+ years in business banking, product strategy and/or consulting
- Demonstrable experience working with great products, companies or people
- Tertiary education or a track record of experience that proves it wasn’t needed
- Experience in working within a high-growth technical environment
- Practical understanding of regulatory requirements and industry barriers to entry for financial services
- Ability to wireframe, design or develop apps or websites yourself
What’s in it for you
- Be part of something big from the outset
- Watch your work be put up in lights
- A balanced, progressive and supportive work environment
- Competitive salary
- A package which includes equity from an early stage