Careers at Zeller / Sales
Business Development Representative
Accepting payments, managing your finances, and paying recipients should be simple. Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case. Finding integrated financial solutions to help your business thrive often requires you to weave together multiple products from different providers. While a small group of large enterprises enjoy the privilege of financial solutions tailored for their specific needs, the vast majority of Australian businesses are underserved due to a lack of innovation, disparate providers, opaque pricing, and restrictive contracts.
We believe in a level playing field where all businesses benefit from access to smarter payments technology and integrated financial services that enables them to accelerate their cash flow. So we’re hard at work building the tools to accomplish this.
Zeller is backed by leading VCs, and brings together a team of experienced payment and tech industry professionals who are aiming to redefine business banking and financial services for Australian businesses. With an exciting roadmap of innovative new products under development, we are building a high performing team to take on the incumbents.
If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-moving environments, love a challenge, hate bureaucracy and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the banks, we’re putting together a team you might want to join.
We’re searching for a Business Development Representative to join the Zeller Sales team. We’ll challenge you to bring an inquisitive hands-on approach, persistence, and self-starter attitude to help us win the market of Australian SMEs.
As a Business Development Representative, you are the first person to speak with a potential Zeller merchant. You’ll conduct a full discovery of their business — learning their goals, pain points and priorities, to identify if Zeller is a perfect fit for their needs.
To be successful in this role you must be able to understand the diverse business needs of our merchants. You will be fast on your feet, and use your grit and resilience to handle objections like a pro. You’ll become an expert in everything from payments to technology, and build a deep understanding of the issues that matter to Australian SMEs. You’ll use your convincing personality and passion for winning to raise the bar of success, documenting and tracking qualified opportunities to pass on to your colleagues in the Zeller Sales team.
Being a Zeller Business Development Representative means you’ll be a brand ambassador, a product specialist, and a problem solver. You’ll spend your time proactively prospecting and connecting with businesses who are the right fit for Zeller’s reimagined business banking offering. You’ll build a deep understanding of their pain points and requirements, and using your deep Zeller product knowledge will help to educate and support their success.
As Australia’s most exciting new fintech, joining Zeller’s Sales team in our embryonic stages means helping to formulate sales processes and qualifying material from day one. You will roll-up your sleeves and establish our first pipeline, help launch our systems and define processes that help us grow.
This is an entry-level sales position for a motivated and persistent self-starter who is not afraid of ambiguity in execution. This role is an opportunity for you to be hands-on in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment. If you’re successful, there will be opportunities for career development within a rapidly growing business.
- Accelerate Zeller’s sales pipeline by qualifying warm inbound leads, and prospecting for new business opportunities
- Conduct exploratory calls with prospect merchants to effectively qualify sales opportunities before they’re passed to an Account Executive
- Proactively contact prospective merchants via a high-touch strategy including cold-calling, email and LinkedIn outreach
- Help to build, adapt and optimise best-practice outreach sequences, lead-generation playbooks, and qualification criteria to exceed individual and team performance targets and deliver an exception merchant experience
- Schedule meetings and calls between qualified merchants and Zeller Account Executives, ensuring to always deliver a warm handover
- Carefully identify the needs, functional requirements and pain points of merchants, in order to suggest appropriate products and client service solutions as part of the qualification process
- Educate prospective merchants on Zeller’s solutions and value propositions
- Deliver rigorous and detailed notes about merchant accounts to Zeller Account Executives
- Research and identify market gaps and opportunities to accelerate Zeller’s growth, then construct comprehensive and detailed lead lists targeting these growth areas
- Stay up-to-date with Zeller’s value propositions, product offerings, client services structure, pricing structure
- Stay up-to-date with SME, technology, payments, competitor and business trends that are relevant to Zeller’s merchants
- Become a product evangelist and subject matter expert on all things Zeller
Qualifications and experience
- 1 - 2 years of experience as a Sales Development Representative, Business Development Representative, or Customer Success Representative
- Hands-on experience with multiple prospecting techniques (including cold calls and outreach)
- Track record of achieving sales-performance or activity-based goals
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Hubspot, Salesforce)
- Familiarity with Google Suite and Excel
- Excellent written, verbal, conversational and listening skills
- A strong commercial mindset
- Proficient and demonstrable experience in prospecting, identifying target customers, evaluating buyer interest, recognising decision-making processes and qualifying customers
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or at a distance from your team
- A rare competitive fire and desire to grow and win
- Strong interpersonal skills and a highly collaborative work style
- Agile, ambitious, and motivated to be the best at everything you do
- Persistent in the face of new challenges
- Experience in B2B sales qualification and prospecting, particularly with exposure to small to medium sized businesses
- Experience working in the payments, SaaS or fintech industry
- Experience in high-growth business environments
What’s in it for you
- Be part of something big from the outset
- Watch your work be put up in lights
- A balanced, progressive and supportive work environment
- Competitive salary
- A package which includes equity from an early stage
- Join a rapidly growing team in its early stages with opportunities to grow and develop your career wherever your passions and skills take you